Jamaica Civil Aviation Authority invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position:
AVIATION SAFETY INSPECTION (OPERATIONS)
Reporting to the Manager, Flight Operations Oversight,the incumbent will ensure that the required standards of operation are maintained by overseeing the Personnel Licensing functions, conducting initial inspections and certification, as well as continued surveillance and monitoring of all Jamaican air operators, and by providing continuing surveillance of all operators in Jamaican airspace. He/she will also conduct investigations of incidents and accidents involving civil aircraft in Jamaica and Jamaican registered aircraft outside of Jamaica if necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Management Studies or equivalent specialized training in the Management of airline operations.
• Valid Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) including at least one type rating on large turbo prop or turbojet transport category aircraft and class ratings on single and multi-engine aircraft.
• Ten (10) years experience as a Pilot in an airline or the military, to include at least 3000 hours as pilot-in-command (PIC) of a large civil or military aircraft.
• Five (5) years experience in an aviation organization in a managerial position directly associated with the development and implementation of operating standards and procedures, operating manuals, and flight and ground procedures for flight safety.
• Flying instructor and instrument check pilot qualifications.
KEY TECHNICAL/OCCUPATIONAL COMPETENCIES
• Sound knowledge of the Civil Aviation Regulations in the areas of licensing, air operator certification and operation, and aircraft registration.
• Sound knowledge of the requirements applicable to training, licensing, rating, testing, and the maintenance of competency for flight and ground crew.
• Sound knowledge of the procedures for operator certification; for inspection of air operators, and flight training units; for addition of new aircraft types; and for the importation of new aircraft by operators.
• Sound knowledge of procedures related to the preparation of operations manuals, training manuals, and other air operator manuals and documentation.
• Sound knowledge of aviation accident and incident investigation procedures, quality assurance systems and safety programme management.
KEY NON-TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
• Sound investigative and analytical skills
• Problem solving and decision-making
• Good planning and organizing skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Computer literate, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Applicants who satisfy these requirements should apply by May 25, 2020.
JAMAICA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY
4 WINCHESTER ROAD
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.