The Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA) Verification Course provides training on how to verify CO2 Emissions Reports that have been prepared by aeroplane operators, in accordance with the provisions of the CORSIA Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs).
Structure of Course
The course comprises 3 modules:
- Introduction to CORSIA
- Monitoring and reporting of CO2 emissions
- Fuel use monitoring methods and estimation of CO2 emissions
- Aeroplane operators’ reporting requirements
- Verification of CO2 emissions
- Requirements for verifiers and verification procedures in accordance with Annex 16, Volume IV, and the Environmental Technical Manual (Doc 9501), Volume IV
- Preparation of the Verification Report
The course contains presentations, exercises, case studies, and knowledge tests/quizzes to demonstrate the required knowledge and application of the key concepts presented.
Perform the CORSIA monitoring, reporting, and verification (MRV) requirements as outlined in Annex 16 — Environmental Protection, Volume IV, and the Environmental Technical Manual (Doc 9501), Volume IV;
- Apply the verification requirements as outlined in Annex 16, Volume IV and, Doc 9501, Volume IV, including materiality threshold, verification criteria, verification scope and objectives, and the Verification Report preparation and submission requirements;
- Be able to correctly identify the scope of applicability for CORSIA MRV requirements, as well as for CORSIA offsetting requirements; and
- Apply a working knowledge of the fuel use monitoring methods and of the ICAO CORSIA CO2Estimating & Reporting Tool (CERT) as outlined in Annex 16, Volume IV.
Professionals with experience in the verification of CO2emissions using ISO 14064-3:2006, who want to get involved in the verification of aeroplane operators’ CO2 Emissions Reports under CORSIA.
Working knowledge of ISO 14064-3:2006 is required; knowledge of ISO 14065:2013 is desirable.
Cost & Location USD $1000
Jamaica Civil Aviation Authority Training Institute (CAATI)
Duration 3 days
Date August 7 – 9, 2019
All instructors will be ICAO TRAINAIR PLUS, qualified instructors.
Contact Information Coral McLaren (Mrs.)
Principal, Jamaica Civil Aviation Authority Training Institute (CAATI)