Part 1 – Online
Purpose of the course
Provides theoretical principles related to the implementation of ICAO SARPs and fundamental concepts of Safety Management Systems (SMS) and State Safety Programs (SSP).
At the end of the training course, trainees will be able to:
- Apply the fundamental concepts and principles of aviation safety management
- Develop SSP/SMS implementation plans based on the frameworks provided in ICAO safety management SARPs and guidance material.
- Perform or participate in their organization’s SSP/SMS implementation and operation.
The training is most beneficial for those who work for a State regulatory body involved in the planning, development and implementation of State Safety Programmes, and for staff who work for an aviation service provider involved in the planning and development and implementation of Safety Management Systems.
Duration: 35 hours
Language of Instruction: English
Part 2 – Face to Face
Purpose of the Course
The SMxP Course focuses on Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance. It aims to provide qualified Safety Management System (SMS) staff with a comprehensive application of operational safety management processes and practical examples on the use of IT tools to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of safety management activities.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify hazards following a systematic and consistent approach;
- Mitigate safety risks following a systematic and consistent approach;
- Manage changes to the system in a safe manner;
- Assess safety reports through a safety screening and internal investigation;
- Prepare a safety audit/survey for assessing the performance of the process;
- Design a safety performance monitoring scheme.
Service provider staff working for an air operator, approved maintenance organization, design/manufacturing organization, aerodrome operator, air traffic services provider or aviation training organizations that are involved in the following SMS activities:
- Safety data and safety information collection
- Hazard identification
- Safety Risk Management
- Accident/Incident Investigations
- Safety data and safety information analysis
- Change management
- Safety audits and surveys
- Safety Performance Monitoring
Date November 25 – 29, 2019
Cost USD $1500
Location Jamaica Civil Aviation Authority Training Institute (CAATI)
Course Content (Agenda)
Module 0 Introduction
Module 1 Hazards Identification
Module 2 Risk Assessment & Mitigation
Module 3 Change Management
Module 4 Safety Reports & Internal Investigations
Module 5 Safety Auditing & Surveys
Module 6 Safety Performance Monitoring
|DAY 1||DAY 2||DAY 3||DAY 4||DAY 5|
|1st Session||Module 0||
|Module 2||Module 4||
|2nd Session||Module 1||
|4th Session||Module 2||Module 4||Module 6||Conclusion|
Note: Each session is 1.5 hours long
Coral McLaren (Mrs.)
Principal, Jamaica Civil Aviation Authority Training Institute (CAATI)