The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) has prepared, under the TRAINAIR PLUS Programme (TPP) of the ICAO Global Aviation Training (GAT) Office and in cooperation with the Joint Aviation Authorities Training Organization (JAA TO), the ICAO Standardized Training Package (STP) Training Instructor Course (TIC), composed of two parts, which is offered to the aviation community at TRAINAIR PLUS Centres.
Purpose of the Course
- The ICAO TRAINAIR PLUS TIC is a two-part course that will enable participants to methodically conduct training courses in accordance with ICAO’s instructor competencies and develop the required training strategies for course delivery
- The TIC will train instructors to deliver STPs, based on the TRAINAIR PLUS methodology, as well as conventional courses.
Language of Instruction
English (Part 1 + Part 2)
TIC Part 1: 30 hours TIC Part 2: 5 days
After having successfully completed the TIC, the trainees will be able to:
- prepare a training environment including facilities, equipment and instructional material;
- manage the trainees by using effective training strategies;
- conduct training with a variety of instructional methods as required for the training;
- perform trainee assessments appropriately, objectively, and correctly; and
- perform course evaluations effectively
The target population for the TIC is as follows:
- pre-service and in-service instructors with little or no formal training background;
- aviation training instructors and aviation professionals who are dedicated to the implementation of competency-based training programmes;
- subject matter experts and specialists who wish to upgrade their instructional competencies;
- and current instructors who wish to refresh and upgrade their trainer competencies.
Prerequisites and Qualification Requirements
The prerequisites and qualification requirements are as follows:
- university degree or equivalent qualifications and experience in one or more civil aviation field(s) or in adult learning development and training;
- computer skills using contemporary software programmes;
- and good oral and written command of the language of instruction.
- In addition, successful completion of the online ICAO/ JAA TO STP Instructional Techniques
- Course (TIC–Part 1) is mandatory to enrol in TIC–Part 2.
TIC Content for Part 1
- Prepare the Training Environment
- Manage the Trainee
- Conduct a Training Module
- Prepare a Course Evaluation Report
TIC Content for Part 2
- Course Introduction
- Training Preparation
- Training Delivery
- Training Reports
Cost & Location
|TIC Part 1||Online||– USD $500.00|
|TIC Part 2||Classroom||– USD $1,000.00|
TIC Part 2 Duration-1 Week
TIC Part 2 Location – Jamaica Civil Aviation Authority Training Institute (CAATI)
Date August 19 – 23, 2019
Documentation for Trainees
- TIC–Part 1: Content and examinations are online and the Jamaica Civil Aviation Authority Training Institute (CAATI) will assist you in completing this application. Please contact CAATI Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- TIC–Part 2: Will be at the Jamaica Civil Aviation Authority, 2 Winchester Road ICAO will provide the electronic version of the course material and the certificates at completion. Participants who have successfully completed TIC Part 1 should register for TIC Part 2.
- Apply Here
All instructors will be ICAO TRAINAIR PLUS, qualified instructors.
Coral McLaren (Mrs.)
Principal, Jamaica Civil Aviation Authority Training Institute (CAATI)