Proof of Jamaican Citizenship and Age:
- Birth Certificate/Baptismal Certificate
- Citizenship Certificate
Proof of Identity and Residential Address:
- Driver’s Licences
- Government Identification Cards
In the absence of government-issued photographic identification, the applicant shall submit a passport sized photograph, certified by a Justice of the Peace to be a true photograph of the applicant.
A Trainee Air Traffic Controller’s Licence shall be issued after initial basic training but before commencement of on-the-job-training.
Trainee Air Traffic Controller Eligibility Requirements
- Age: be at least 18 years of age
- Language: be able to read, write, understand, and speak the English language without impediment by meeting the Level 6 English Language Proficiency requirements of Annex 1; and
- Medical Qualification: hold a class 3 medical certificate.
- Successfully complete initial training in at least one of the following:
- Aerodrome Control
- Approach Control (Procedural)
- Approach Control Surveillance
- Area Control (Procedural)
- Area Control Surveillance
A Trainee Air Traffic Controller licence shall remain valid for a maximum period of 12 months unless:
- An Air Traffic Controller Licence has been issued; in which case the Trainee Air Traffic Controller Licence shall be returned to the issuing Authority.
- The licence has been suspended or revoked by the issuing Authority, where it deems that the licence holder constitutes a hazard to air navigation.
At the expiration of the twelve (12) month period, the Trainee Air Traffic Controller needs to reapply for a reissue of the licence.